@ -19,12 +19,12 @@ http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/legalcode .
"Audacity" is a registered trademark of Dominic Mazzoni.
Contents of this README:
2. Changes since version 2.1.1
2. Changes since version 2.1.2
3. Known Issues at Release
4. Source Code, Libraries and Additional Copyright Information
5. Compilation Instructions
@ -56,47 +56,41 @@ to http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html or write to
2. Changes since version 2.1.1:
2. Changes since version 2.1.2:
Changes and Improvements:
* Spectrogram settings are now available per track.
* Clearer (sharper) display of pitch (EAC).
* New 'Spectral Reassignment' option in spectrogram. Good for vocal work.
* (MacOS) some support for magic mouse / trackpad, pinch and expand zoom
* Pinned option on waveform so waveform moves and recording/playing head
* New features in Timer Record.
* Scrub Ruler and optional Scrub Toolbar.
* New shortcuts ALT+RIGHT and ALT+LEFT for working with labels.
* Efeects no longer greyed out during playback or recording.
* New Distortion effect (replaces Leveller)
* SBMSS (higher quality but slower) option on Change Tempo / Change Pitch
* New Rhythm Track generator (replaces Click Track)
* New Generator for Sample Data Import.
* Other Changes:
* Upgraded the wxWidgets library from wx 2.8.12 to wx 3.0.2. This is
the main change in this release.
* Upgraded the PortAudio library to v19 rev r1966. This gives Audacity
Windows 10 support.
* Crash using 'space' in Selection toolbar context menu fixed.
* Crash setting equalization effect parameters in chains fixed.
* Crash when pressing both mouse buttons over toolbar buttons fixed.
* (Rare) crash or freeze in sound activated recording fixed.
* (Rare) crash on using plot spectrum for first time fixed.
* Equalization effect settings are now saved.
* Oversized Export Options window (FFmpeg) now OK on smaller screens
* FLAC import/export fast again.
* Can now set undefined frequency in Spectral Selection bar.
* Imported presets on custom FFmpeg export fixed.
* Text input boxes working with VAMP
* Keyboard playback commands now work again.
* Import Raw Data now works when in Polish language.
* Mac OS X
* Mouse preference bindings now show 'command', not 'ctrl'
Over 60 bugs fixed, including 5 long standing bugs (bug numbers below 100)
3. Known Issues in 2.1.2:
3. Known Issues in 2.1.3:
For known issues at release of 2.1.2 please see:
For known issues at release of 2.1.3 please see:
Please also check:
@ -306,6 +300,39 @@ or ask at:
6. Previous Changes going back to version 1.1.0
Changes in version 2.1.2
Changes in version 2.1.1:
@ -12,7 +12,7 @@ libnyquist currently only exists as part of Audacity. For
information on using libnyquist as an embedded audio processor
within another application, contact the Audacity developers:
For information about Nyquist as a standalone, interactive audio
programming language, see the Nyquist website: