@ -81,6 +81,9 @@ Changes and Improvements:
* Other Changes:
* Upgraded the PortAudio library to v19 rev r1966. This gives Audacity
Windows 10 support.
* Audacity.app (on mac) now contains effects and some other resources
inside it rather than those resources being alongside it. So installation
to /Applications/ is cleaner.
* (macOS) Audacity 2.1.3 provides partial support for Sierra. Details at
@ -289,7 +292,7 @@ and header dependencies:
To compile on Windows using MSVC++, please follow the instructions in
win\compile.txt in the source code.
To compile using Xcode on Mac OS X, see the instructions in mac/compile.txt.
To compile using Xcode on Mac OS X, see the instructions in mac/Build.txt.
For more information on compilation, please visit:
@ -1,10 +1,9 @@
* To install or reinstall Audacity, drag the "Audacity" folder icon in the
* To install or reinstall Audacity, drag the "Audacity.app" icon in the
DMG window to the /Applications folder icon on the right. Alternatively,
drag the "Audacity" folder to any other location of your choosing.
drag the "Audacity.app" icon to any other location of your choosing.
* Do not double-click the "Audacity" folder in the DMG then launch Audacity
from there. Do not move the Audacity application or its support folders
outside the "Audacity" folder.
* Do not double-click the "Audacity" icon in the DMG then launch Audacity
* If you are a first-time user of Audacity, security settings on
OS X 10.7 or later may block Audacity being launched. To permanently