You can not select more than 25 topics
Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
To sign, notarize, staple, and build the distribution DMG, you need to have
an Apple Developer ID and a certificate. Once you have obtained these, proceed
with the following:
1) Create a file in your home directory called ".tenacity_signing" and add
the following three lines. Ensure you put in the email address you used
for your Apple Developer account:
NOTARIZE_USERNAME="specify your Apple developer email address"
CODESIGN_APP_IDENTITY="Developer ID Application:"
2) You need to create an application specific password in your Developer
account. Make sure you use "org.tenacityaudio.tenacity" as the app ID
when following these instructions:
3) Now that you have the app password, use the following instructions to add
that password to the keychain on your Mac:
Use "TENACITY_PASSWORD" for the name as it must match the NOTARIZE_PASSWORD
value above. Storing the password in your keychain protects it from curious
4) Build the Release version of Tenacity. You can follow the cmake_build.txt
instructions in this folder. Once complete, you should find "Tenacity.app"
5) Open a terminal and change to the CMake build directory:
6) Run this script to sign, notarize, staple and create the distribution DMG:
../mac/scripts/build_dist.sh ../mac bin/Release
As it goes through the notarization process twice, once for the app bundle
and again for the DMG, it will take awhile to run and you will see progress
while waiting. If it is successful, you will find the Tenacity DMG in
"tenacity/bld/bin" and you will receive an email confirming it was notarized.
In the event of a failure, you will find a URL in the output messages
displayed in the terminal. Paste that into a browser for information as
to why it failed.